2013 Season Open June 24th - Labor Day
Monday-Saturday 9:30-5:00, Sunday 11:00-5:00
After Labor Day open weekends thru October 13th
Saturday 9:30-5:00, Sunday 11:00-5:00
Strike It Rich!!!
|TREASURE HUNTING IN THE GARNET MINES
BIG FUN FOR ALL AGES
- One of the World's largest garnet deposits
- Largest garnet crystals in the world
- Source for the New York State Gemstone & the January birthstone... Garnet
- Oldest family owned and operated mine in the United States
- ANYONE can find a gem quality garnet without using tools
- Located in the scenic Adirondack Mountains, 2400 feet above sea level
- Fantastic panoramic views over the Adirondack Park
- Easy access... with a tour guide just drive right into the old mine site.
- Catering to the bus tour companies for over 30 years
- Garnet mine tour business started in 1933
- Gore Mountain garnet deposit is recognized as a world famous geology site
- Mine site is flat, making it good for walking and for wheelchair accessibility
" The Gem of the Adirondacks "