Due to Covid-19 we have made the difficult decision to postpone the opening of the Garnet Mine Tours and the Gore Mountain Mineral Shop for the 2020 season.
This seems the most prudent course of action. We want to thank all of our wonderful customers and dedicated Rockhounds for your loyalty. Stay tuned and stay safe!
Strike It Rich!!!
|TREASURE HUNTING IN THE GARNET MINES
BIG FUN FOR ALL AGES
- One of the World's largest garnet deposits
- Largest garnet crystals in the world
- Source for the New York State Gemstone & the January birthstone... Garnet
- Oldest family owned and operated mine in the United States
- ANYONE can find a gem quality garnet without using tools
- Located in the scenic Adirondack Mountains, 2400 feet above sea level
- Fantastic panoramic views over the Adirondack Park
- Easy access... with a tour guide just drive right into the old mine site.
- Catering to the bus tour companies for over 30 years
- Garnet mine tour business started in 1933
- Gore Mountain garnet deposit is recognized as a world famous geology site
- Mine site is flat, making it good for walking and for wheelchair accessibility
" The Gem of the Adirondacks "
1126 Barton Mines Road | P.O. Box 30
North River, NY 12856
|© 2001 garnetminetours.com